Monday, April 14, 2014

The Tail of Freckles

Yesterday I went for a run with a sweet little doggie named Freckles from Stray Rescue St. Louis. This is her account of the adventure:

Started today in my home box. Humans everywhere. Neighbor dogs are noisy. I am also noisy. I am not outdone by neighbor dogs. I jump the highest. I am master of jumping.
Human-friend opens my homebox. He puts on double-leashes! I love human-friend. Leashes mean adventures. Better lick his face and bark appreciatively into his dull human-ears. He tastes like other dog mouth.
Human-friend brings me to new human, but I am distract. Other dogs all around. Must show that I am loudest. Other dogs cannot see me from inside homeboxes. Better jump. Neighbor-dogs bark louder. Success.

New-human makes barking sound- seems impressed by my jumping. Opens big door as reward. I jump onto new-human, impressively. Another human bark. This human is nice and smelly. Tastes salty. I like tasting salty human. I like being outside. So many things to sniff.

New-human seems to understand that I have many places to go. Goes fast. I like fast. I like New-human.
Suddenly tiny winged demons appear! New-human is not quite fast enough. Seems displeased by frequent demon-chasing expeditions. Today I do not taste the winged demons. Demon feather went in my nose.  I expel demon-remnant from nose. New-human is pleased. Makes odd human-barks. She seems to not grasp the seriousness of winged-demons, but I forgive.

Male humans making human-sounds at New-human. New-human smells nervous. Pulls me closer. Male humans look to me. I tell them not to make New-human nervous. Male-humans smelling nervous now. They leave. New-human pets me. Happy smell.

Humans go in straight lines. Stay out of dirt, only walk beside dirt. Very confusing. New-human runs in dirt with me. Circles many trash cans. New-human must know about dirt and smells. However, she stops between un-dirt paths. Much stopping and waiting. She stares at circle box. Circle box has lights, but can't smell it. Too high. Don't understand stopping and circle-box. New-human likes to pet. Stopping and waiting not so bad.

New-human introduces me to many other human. Making much human sound while stopping. All humans look at circle box. All humans pet. I impress them with jumping. They make human barks. New-human finds me water bowl. I find her a meaty ham bone. She does not want to share. Does not want me to eat ham-bone. Leaves it in dirt. I forgive.

We run forever. Run till I am tired. Less running now and more sniffing. Run all the way back to home-box. Human-friend is waiting! Takes my leashes from New-human. I bark goodbye and scamper to home-box for naps. New-human looks sad. Stands outside home-box till door is closed. . Neighbor dogs are jealous of my adventures. Such fun. I love New-human.

~Ali

Got my mom hooked on
Game of Thrones and now it is
Everywhere I turn
(that Haiku is entitled "Paradise")

No comments:

Post a Comment