Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Scenes from Life: Act 1 Scene 3: Suburban Nomad

A and F are sitting on the floor of F's apartment working on a project, and a third pile of books/laptop rests beside them. It is dark outside.
S enters with a bottle of wine and three cups

S: Alright, y'all time to get the creative juices flowing! [Sets the cups down and begins to pour the wine out]

A: Aw man, I'm sorry, I can't. I've gotta drive home and stuff. Actually, I should probably head out soon...

F: Are you serious?

S: Dude, just sleep here!

A: I can't, I don't have any clothes

S: You can wear mine!

A: I wish I could, but I haven't been home in four days; I gotta grab some stuff for class. Plus, my parents think I'm dead. I promised them I'd be home tonight.

F: Guuh, I wish you didn't live so far away!!

S: Seriously, You gotta move out of your parent's house. Are you gonna sub-lease from K next semester?

A: I wanted to, but I worked it all out, and I can't afford it.

F: It's only 275 a month!

S: Yeah! That's SO cheap!

A: That's almost 100% of what I make in a month.

F:... I heard almost

~A

Motivation is
Like a new Lamborghini
I do not have it

No comments:

Post a Comment