Sunday, November 3, 2013

Scenes from Life: Act 2 Scene 2 "You Have the Soul of a Poet"

M and W are laying in bed. The lights are off. A laptop rests beside them. 

M: "I don't really do that, do I?"

W: Well no- what I wrote wasn't so much about you, specifically, as it was about the idea of you.

M: "I don't understand... Why would you put it in your blog if it wasn't true? [ pause] Why wouldn't you just put facts, and your thoughts about those facts?"

W: I didn't need it to be factual. I just wrote that because it was funny.

M: "I don't get it. I guess I just don't understand your humor"

W: Well I guess you don't have to. [ pause. W switches gears. ] Maybe you need to broaden your definition of "true"

M: "Yeah, right."

~A

NaNoWriMo is
A time to remember that
I have Writer's block

No comments:

Post a Comment