Wednesday, January 22, 2014

A Bit of Perspective


I am nineteen years old. I’m in school. I live with my parents, and they pay my cell phone bill, among other things. I am terrified of the day that I will no longer be covered under their medical insurance.

A friend of mine is about 9 months pregnant. She expects the baby in just two and a half more weeks. Shit. That is horrifying. It’s utterly terrifying to me, that I can have peers who are married, engaged, expecting…That those things could concieveably happen to me

But she is so excited! She posts pictures of her ultrasounds and her baby bump. She can’t wait for her daughter Nevaeh to arrive, and she invites the world to join in her joyous expectation.

This isn’t about fear, or mistakes, or regret. This is about a new, innocent person. This is about something beautiful and precious. This is about humanity, and love that nests deep in the human soul. This is about life.

Someday I hope I'll be mature enough to see it that way.

~A


Two Serious posts
in a row! Sometimes I like
to just contemplate

No comments:

Post a Comment